It's funny because i have never ever had a bucket list, i normally decide that if want to do something i just it and do it. I have always assumed a Bucket List is something that people do when that have a mid-life crisis or they have dealt with a life and death situation.
Thinking more an more about my Bucket List i realised that there is so much i want to do before i can't so here is my list:
The Extravagant List:
Summer 2010 i was arranging a 2 week trip to go to Brazil to volunteer, the trip would have cost a little over £1000 and i was able to bring my son with me. It would have been such an amazing opportunity to help kids and women who need education, books and general aid that we in the UK take for granted and more importantly i would have been able to show my son how fortunate we are and understand other cultures. Unfortunately for them i got offered to work on my first feature film "Victim' which was an amazing experience and got to work some down to earth people. I have always wanted to volunteer abroad so this is defo something i need to do in the future.
I know this is probably on everyone's list but this is something i have to experience. A few people i know have done this and have loved it!
Deep Sea Diving
I went to Turkey last year with my family and they had an excursion to go deep sea diving, instead we opted out and done something else... which i can't remember, but i have regretted it ever since. I love the sea and water, i am a bit afraid of what lies beneath but i would be so great to see all the pretty fish.
Work on a Studio Production
I work in the media and as i climb up the career ladder i would love the opportunity to work on a big budget film/programme. I enjoy the fast paced, crazy life that working in broadcast brings and exciting opportunities always arise, so hopefully something like this comes sooner than later.
Work on a destination Production
This kind of ties into the above desire, all the productions i have worked on have all been based in the UK, i would love to work on a production on location, somewhere exotic like Bali...
I would LOVE to go on a girlie holiday with all my smiles. We have never had one. We always say we are gonna do one but never get round to it! :( To be honest i don't care where we go as long as there is a beach, a pool and cocktails!
Ok so on to my Budget Bucket list....
I have always been intrigued by how these things work. I wouldn't necessarily go to meet someone but i reckon it would be fun to see the process and if normal people actually go to these things!
Sight seeing in London
Never been, have to try this as i wouldn't be a real Londoner! I want to do and see everything. Visit Buckingham Palace and take pictures with the guards, go on the london eye, ride on a double decker! You know the deal...
Attend a fancy dress party
Yep... this is one thing i have to do! I really want to dress up as Beyonce 'single ladies' or betty boop, or even a 1920 dancer... just dressing up in someone that is not me would be amazing, i get to play a completely different person.
So that's my list... looking back it seems like a am quite a bore and don't do anything exciting! Which is probably true!
For this Competition i am tagging the following bloggers to take part:
To enter all you have to do is the following...
1) Write your ‘Bucket List’ blog post. Include details of one ‘budget’ and one more extravagant bucket list item. Tell us what is preventing you from doing them and what it would mean to you to complete each of these items. In the post why not mention the competition page so your readers know what the competition is all about, they might want to enter too! www.moneysupermarket.com/life-insurance/competitions/budgetbucketlist
2) When you’ve written your post please list the websites of three other bloggers you think would be interested in joining in the fun. Don’t forget to contact them to let them know it’s happening via Facebook and Twitter.
3) The competition closes on 2nd August, 2013. You can let them know you’ve entered in one of three ways:
- Using Facebook you can link to your blog post on your wall. Mention ‘Budget Bucket List’ and don’t forget to tag the MoneySupermarket.com Facebook page
- You can use Twitter. Simply link to your blog post and don’t forget to include @MoneySupermkt and #budgetbucketlist so they can see it!
- Alternatively you can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put ‘Budget Bucket List’ in the title of the email. Include the URL of your blog post as well as your name and phone number in the email.
4) The money supermarket judges will select the winner. Check out their terms and conditions here.
Wish me Luck!